Are you really there, though?
Or is it something to say to temporarily comfort someone until the current conversation ends?
I struggle with this time of year. It reminds me of the past. Formative events that altered the course which should of led to happiness or some kind of a content living.
Instead, I think some of 2003.
A cold, Friday Virginia night. High school football playoffs. An altercation. Shots fired...
On the ground lies a close friend. Family, as it were. Dying in a pool of blood. Witnessed with my own eyes was the murder of a loved one. 6 days before Thanksgiving.
I, also, recollect on the year of 1999. A time of loneliness, separation, isolation, and wanting to change things I couldn't control. A time when distant family convinced me I was at fault for something horrific. And maybe, I was.
It was 1999 when despair and cocaine consumed me and I drove into traffic attempting suicide.
I failed, just as I have in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment