Friday, July 10, 2020

Statures, Flags, and Pants that Sag

I really don't care who I make mad. I don't discriminate. Maybe it's because names I've been called like nigger lover, cracker, wanna be, white boy, etc. that had molded me to be emotionally numb to anyone's feelings or views.

Maybe it's the constant chaos that has plagued my brain throughout life that allows me to see the American society and it's problems in a way that seems... let's say different than most. Could it be that only after one completely breaks down and loses their mind can they see with a clarity that feels genuine? Let me just get to it without more run-on sentences.
 
The Confederate Flag
If it offends you, I understand. My native American ancestors fought for this flag in the Civil War. Yeah, they were drafted but, none the less, protected their land in the Appalachian Mountains. They didn't own slaves and also knew of oppression and mass genocide brought on by the Stars and Stripes. Long before the South succeeded from the Union, slaves ships embarked the journey to a land where the Native inhabitants were manipulated and murdered, in the name of America. So...if you're offended by one, maybe you should be offended by both.
#noflagsmatter

Moving on...

Tearing Down Statues
If it offends you, I understand. But people, we are letting it become distraction, which is exactly what the Powers that Be want. It's allowing the government to charge the citizens with hate crimes for meer vandalism, which adds more fuel to the fire to keep us separate. 
As long as we are separate in our ways and thinking (logical and illogical), we will never be able to overcome as humans. 

Pants that Sag
I used to rock a sag. Occasionally still do. Nothing too revealing or extreme. But hey, it's a comfortable feel to it.
So, if I have offended anyone, I apologise. 

I have no idea why I drifted upon this subject. Probably the memes about things that make people so offended. Myself, I'm offended by ignorance and stupidity. I'm against using racism as a solution for racism.

So in closing...
  
Remember the saying, "One Bad Apple Spoils The Bunch"? Is this statement accurate? Couldn't we just get rid of the bad apples and be thankful for the good ones? But in the real world, the actions a few is detrimental the whole. But as Americans in 2020, what is our solution?

Wait for it....

Our "ingenious" plan is to cut down the entire tree. 

Some wage a war on 200 year old statue and flag. Others rally to defund police. Some cry "All Lives Matter" to lessen to meaning and plight of BLM. Some loot and steal in the name of injustice but really for their own benefit. Many spew racist statements (black and white) to continue the separation of citizens in our country. And, some are still using chokeholds. There are bad apples everywhere. 
Be a good apple. 🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment