Friday, June 26, 2020

This is where I (still) stand

Throughout my years on this Earth, I've been labeled many things. Actually too many things that I chose to cover at this time; I'll save that for another post. One thing is refuse to be labeled as is a racist. 

I recently had a conversation with an individual (we'll call him Joe) who Informed me of my responsibly as a white man to help stop injustice and police brutality. I agreed. Without knowing me or my story, "Joe" continued to explain his impression of "white people" and our ignorance of black culture, community, and the struggle of being a black man in America. Furthermore, I was told my mentality was completely wrong and I needed to unite with the black community (where I'll be considered a GUEST) to fight for the cause.

This is where I may lose some of you..

First off: FUCK YOU JOE, as an uninformed individual. You know NOTHING of my life, story, and path that has made me who I am and what I believe. I've been shunned for dating outside my race by masses, including family. Interracial relationships were frowned upon in my high school days. Go Chargers!

Secondly: FUCK YOU JOE, for assuming I'm one of the quiet ones. I'm not ignorant to the systematic failure to monitor police when it comes to the Black community, nor have I ever been. I'm not one who screams All Lives Matter, because I know and stand behind the importance of Black Lives Matters and the mission to stop police brutality and persecution. I supported Colin Kaepernick and his peaceful protest of taking a knee, as I stand with Bubba Wallace today.

Now, back to you "Joe"...
 
There's millions like me: 1970's babies who speak their minds, have mixed kids and grandbabies, and will not tolerate or accept the ignorance spewed by corrupt media and uninformed idiots. We will not play into the race baiting, trying to make us hate each other. We will not be misinformed or believe everything posted online (Actually, this statement is not true and it's extremely sad).

And "Joe"... to consider me or anyone like me a "guest" in Black culture is a huge insult. I was here with Turbo and Ozone, when L.L.& Moe Dee was beefing, when Vanessa made Theo the Gordan Gartrel shirt. We were here when Wesley was Nino, Cube was Dough Boy, and Pac was Bishop. We were here when Mandela was freed and Rodney got his ass beat. I was here when Biggie and Easy were lost. I've been here and never left.
Right beside you. I continue to speak out against injustice, as I have done for years. 

So I'm with you, Joe. Just educate yourself and don't assume.

Love y'all and Peace

*Side Note: "Joe is a 19 year old student at Elon University from New Hampshire. Also, he is white.


No comments:

Post a Comment